Monday, August 6, 2007

Did it really happen?

• Aug. 6, 2007
Dear Blog readers,

I didn't know a heart could hurt so much over such a dear friend. Mariah just flew back to Missouri this morning. We had the most lovely time together that any two friends could wish for, and got to know each other beyond anything we thought possible. It truly is a God-orchestrated friendship.

In any case, our parting was an extraordinarily hard one. We both hugged lots, and cried more, and left thinking how marvelous it was that there was someone who loved you enough that they would cry over you in parting. I've been crying off and on all day, it just hurts so much! Sometimes, as I look back on this incredible three and a half weeks, I find it hard to believe it actually happened.

It did, though, and we have some absolutely fabulous memories. We worked on a scrapbook lots, so we have lots to show! We both still have some pages left to work on though. I'm not sure I can do it right away, or with all those pictures I might get a bunch of tears on the paper.

I guess I don't have much else to say.
God bless,
Sheila

No comments: