Sunday, December 30, 2007

A Whole Year!


Dear fellow bloggers, 'sisters', best friend, and whoever else may be reading,

2007 is officially a whole year! Well, almost. :) We have completed 364 of its' days, and I'm amazed. In one way, it seems nothing much got completed, and in some ways I really didn't change or grow. On the other hand, I learned tons in the day-to-day work (mostly schoolwork and music), and grew in some certain areas. I also met my best friend, and I can say with all sincerity that it was the highlight of my year.

I grew up in some ways. I've enjoyed being childish in some ways. I've learned lots in some ways. I think I've actually done lots. :) It's been a very good year.

Now I see that Christmas is over and a new year now dawns. A quote from that post one year ago...

"Now, a New Year is about to dawn. It is - as Anne would say - "A new year with no mistakes in it yet." Oh, dear Lord, how I want to grow closer to you this year, and to have a greater impact for you, on those I come into contact with. It's a great responsibility, I believe, to be given such a fresh gift as a brand new year, to fill with worthwhile activities and meaningful relationships."

Now, I can't say I fully fulfilled that. To be honest, I think I've missed the boat a bit in growing closer to God. I know I have some, but I've spent more time learning about growing close to God, than on growing closer to Him myself. That's what I want to do for 2008. I've tried to have a greater influence on those I meet. From little things like saying 'God Bless', to actually talking about my faith and what I'm doing about with the non-Christian lady I worked for in the Summer. I've prayed about it a lot, but I want to do more this year. I missed a small opportunity two weeks ago, and through it, God really reminded me how I "can't miss the chances when God opens up the door. They may seem so insignificant, but I may be seeing so much more." (Lyrics from 'Fifteen' by Greg Long)

It will be my first and last December 31 as a 15-year-old, and next year...well, I'll be a year older. I'm happy to enjoy today. It will never come again. After all, there are only 365 days in a year, and this is one of them. I'd better make it count. :)

I have many dreams, many hopes, many desires, and my heart and soul wander daily, but this is where I am right now. This is where God has put me, for a purpose, for a reason (or many reasons!), and I am going to do my very best--and with God's help, more--to 'bloom where I am planted'. I have plenty to look forward to here and now, and I need to concentrate on that. Dreams only show themselves in time, and I will wait.

In the meantime, I am going to do a few Hard Things, and keep living for Jesus as 'An Instrument In Christ's Hands'.

Keep well this year, and live for Jesus!
God bless,
Sheila

3 comments:

Mariah said...

Hey Sheila! Thanks for the post, I loved reading it. You said that you wanted to grow closer to God this year, I have been thinking about that a lot the last few days. I really want and need to grow closer to God this year. Yesterday, when I played the song, It is Well at church, it seemed to tell me to grow closer to God and to learn to trust him more so that no matter what happens, it WILL be well with my soul. Not that I will always understand it, of even like what is happening, but that I will trust God and believe that He knows what is best.
Love you lots!
Mariah

~Bryant said...

Really, really enjoyed this post! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!

Anna said...

Dear Sheila

I have been reading your blog for a while now (I found it through Maidens of Worth) and I love reading it! Your posts are well written and very enoyable :) Like you I am a musician (violin and piano)and I find our posts about music to be very encouraging.
I wish you a happy new year. And keep up your wonderful blog!

Your´s sincerely
Anna