Tuesday, January 15, 2008

An Ellie Tribute


This post is a tribute to a sweet little angel, Ellie Skees, who went home to be with Jesus on December 19, 2007. 9 years old and plagued with cancer for a year an a half, Ellie always had a smile on her face. I never met this littl girl, dedicated to Jesus, and with a wonderful family, but I treasure her, as so many do. Today, she is being remembered in a service, and I want to remember her here. It is through tears that I share my picture tribute to Ellie. Many of us are wearing 'Ellie colours' today, and so am I. Aqua blue, her favourite, and pink, another favourite.


Though there is much pain over her passing, we remeber her with terrible fondness, and as we hold Jesus' hand, we know that sweet Ellie Skees is holding the other one. Here are a few of my favourite pictures from 'her' blog:


I don't think anyone could ever forget Ellie. Her life lives on!!! Sarah, John, and Ethan Skees, please know I am praying for you. We love you!


God bless,
Sheila

6 comments:

Sadie said...

Awwww! That's so sweet - and sad! To bad I don't have any pink or aqua cloths - I'd wear them. :p

Sheila said...

She likes purple too! :) Bright colours in general, for she was beautiful and bright.

Hugs,
Sheila

Anna Naomi said...

Beautiful tribute!

I really like the pictures of you twirling! Absolutely lovely!

Lisa said...

Where do you know the girl from?

I really like the pictures of you too. They capture a certain... um how do you say it... well, they are very lovely, and feminine and just really beautiful.

Lisa

Sheila said...

Lisa: The wonderful world of the internet. :) Visit her blog here: www.ellieskees.blogspot.com

Thanks for the compliment! I look forward to your call!

Hugs,
Sheila

Cowgirl_E said...

I went to her blog...and cried...and cried...and cried.