Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Another Amazing 'God Moment'

This is actually kind of like a PS. to the last post, so please read it first if you haven't already.

Today, God let me have that blustery breeze. I went to the beach today, and you wouldn't believe it, when I got there, it was blowing beautifully! Now, you may think that going to the beach when it's windy isn't much fun, but let me tell you, it's glorious. I happened to be wearing a skirt, (the pink one from the pics in the Summer) and it blew my hair, and my face, and the waves crashed, and the sun peeked through the clouds. It glistened on the soaring birds...so beautiful. Yesterday I wrote a little prose, and I finished it today at the beach...it fit so perfectly. So as I sat there on a log...I felt this: (words typed underneath video) Turn off the music first!




The breezy wind dashes through my hair--I feel it go, and come again.
I hear the crash of waves on the shore, the whistle of the wind, flying
through the woods and over plains--and then my face, rustling my skirt, my hair, my very being, soul...it breathes and sighs;
the freshness brings new life and joy!
Like a loveing hand it restores me; the breath of my Creator.

The glint of the gold sunlight, as it follows soaring birds, and as I breathe,
I revel in the incredible tidal hand that sweeps and smoothes the glistening, white-capped waters to my own.
How long have young girls marveled at these magnificent displays?
To be alone with nature as it revels on its own , is truly, without wonder, amazing.
The fresh sea smell and fluttering leaves, they haunt me, and give me peace.

~~~

So perfect. I love you, God! I will be soon adding this to the 'poetry' page.

God bless,
Sheila

9 comments:

Maria Pauline said...

I really love your prose! I have never seen the ocean, but I know that maidenly love of nature. My heart yearns for my mountains. I am glad you had a good time.

Maria

Mariah said...

Hi Sheila!
I am so glad you are doing better! I loved the prose, it fit perfectly! It was all so beautiful!
Love,
Mariah

Anna said...

Dear Sheila

I have commented on your website before and I must say that I enjoy reading it so much! I check it out everyday :) I also happen to live on an Island (a tiny Island in North Europe) so I understand the furstration of feeling closed away from everything because you live on an island :) The prose was excellent!
Blessings Anna (I found your website throguh Maidens of Worth)

Anna Naomi said...

Beautiful, Shelia - I can feel your delight! The setting is gorgeous, and I really enjoyed hearing your lovely Canadian accent! =)

Miriam Rebekah said...

The prose is lovely, Sheila!
It was so beautifully said!

Blessings,
Miriam Rebekah

~Bryant said...

Oh, I've had one of those moments before! Where you are totally happy, joyful, and you just want to close your eyes and twirl round and round, and have the moment last forever! :)

God is good!

Sydney Smith said...

Wonderful prose! Glad you had a good time.


Keeping playing for him,
Sydney

Sheila said...

Thanks for your lovely comments, girls. :) Very encouraging. I'm working on another post, should be up tomorrow.

oneofhisfriends said...

Beautiful music.

Thanks