Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Special Gift

I was recently talking with Erica on the phone, who was mentioning how God was laying it on her heart to bless people with things, and though she wasn't actually thinking about this at the time, she did do this. I discovered, much to my complete and UTTER excitement, this, at the post office this afternoon.



Isn't it fabulouso? And Erica...zoom in on the pics on the wall. Haha.
(Weird how your smile can look okay in the mirror, and you take a photo and it turns out horrible!)



While we're on this topic, I thought I would post a couple pics of other VERY special gifts that I have received. :) Mariah sent me this one for Christmas 2006... (these are old pics)
Isn't that the most gorgeous scarf you've ever seen? I LOVE it!!! If I hadn't received this, I probably wouldn't have learned to crochet. :)
And this, I mean, a handmade skirt? It's one of my absolute favourites! Maya (Mariah) made it for me for my birthday last April.
I also received a cross-stitched kitten/puppy thing that said 'A friend knows all about you and STILL likes you' from Maya this Christmas, but I can't find the pic!
At the time I received these gifts, I hadn't met the giver. Can you believe it? Such special tokens of love from friends you've never even hugged. Goodness, crazy!
So, the moral of the story is this: You can bless people greatly through gifts. Not that we should give gifts just because 'it's the thing to do', but because we can be a blessing. And of course, we must remember that gifts come in the form of just a phone call or a note too. These gifts can mean the most of all!
Give in the name of Jesus!
Sheila

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow! I can imagine how exited you were! What a nice bag! I bet it made your day!

Mariah said...

Cool! That purse is extremely cute! I love it! It is sooo very you! Can't you tell from the pink and green walls that you are standing in front of?
Love you!
Mariah

Cowgirl_E said...

I thought it might be her! :) Sheila, I'm SO glad you like it. I'm a very bad girl...haha!

You are beautiful.

And I commented back to you on my blog...

Sheila said...

Thought who was who? Confusion...

Thanks Erica! You are too!

Cowgirl_E said...

Oh, I'm saying I thought the bag might be your style.

Maria Pauline said...

That is a lovely bag! Did Erica make it or buy it? Mariah, that is a beautiful skirt. I love the colors! Once in a while, I wish I could send you guys stuff!

Maria Pauline

~Bryant said...

Oh, how special!
It's so nice to receive gifts from friends, even if you've never met them! :)

Sheila said...

Erica bought it for me in Texas! :)

Maria: Awww, you're so sweet. Email me about it! :D

Kelsey Hough said...

It's fun to be given something just because, and getting something in the mail is always a treat. The purse is very cute, by the way. :-)

You have a nice blog, Sheila. I've enjoyed looking around some this evening.

~Kelsey

http://setapart.wordpress.com

Cowgirl_E said...

I just did a post on my cool Aussie friend!

You, my cool Canadian friend, are next!!!!