Saturday, March 22, 2008

Sitemeter...very interesting!!!

Hello Bloggy friends,

Due to some disturbing sharing of information online that has recently taken place, I decided to install Sitemeter on my blog. It's been really neat to see what countries different people come from! I really don't know who most of you are, so don't worry. :)

I'm just really curious. I have two distinct hits from Switzerland, one I believe is Nadine, and the other one is from near Valais, I think, but I'm not sure. I also have a recurring hit from Iceland of all places, and am finding this really really interesting. So, here's the deal. If you are comfortable saying "Yes, that is me, I am from Iceland!" or "Yes, I am one of the Swiss hits!" in the comments, please do so. However, I understand that you might not necessarily feel like advertising your whereabouts to the entire world.

If you feel comfortable just sharing with me who you are from those exotic places, (maybe exotic is the wrong word...Hahahahaha!!!) I have created an email address that you can email me at:

Blog.Christsinstrument [at] gmail [dot] com. (Replace [at] with @ and [dot] with . )

Of course, if you don't want anyone to know you are from Iceland or wherever, feel free to ignore this post. I'm just genuinely happy and curious! :D

Nadine, if you're reading this, I miss you, and I would LOVE comments! Can't wait to see you in the summer. By the way...I WILL get a letter in the mail to you this week. :D

Hugs to all the huggable people, and a cheerful 'God Bless' to everyone else,
Sheila

13 comments:

Sadie said...

What about all the UN-huggable people??

Just joking! The sitemeter sound interesting...where did you get it?
:)

Anna said...

Ahem *coughs* I believe I´m the one guilty of being from Iceland :) I found your website through Maidens of Worth and have been following it ever since. I really like your blogs ecispecally the music one´s and the one´s about God :) Keep up your encouraging and good work :) It quite made me giggle whne you mentioned iceland so often :p

Sheila said...

Oh, that's so neat Anna! I've seen your blog, and your comments, but I never noticed that you were from Iceland. Too sweet.

I've now noticed that I have a Swedish visitor too!!! Pretty cool. :D

Maria said...

Oh Sheila, just wait until I start hitting you from Norway this summer.

I got google analytics on my blog over a month ago, and it has been interesting to see who visits. Sadly, few stay longer than 0 seconds. Strangely enough though, most of my hits are from Missouri...

Sheila said...

Maria: I like Google Analytics too, and use it for my Windy Covers page. The only reason I'm using Sitemeter here is because it's easy to see people's IPs, which I need to track down someone in particular. :)

*silly sarcasm* I can't imagine why so many hits are from MO! :D

Mariah said...

Me either?!?!? I wonder who could be from Missouri? Strange people live in that state. LOL
I guess you already know where I am from Sheila! :D
Love,
Mariah

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheila, it's me, Nadine. I finally took the time to leave a comment on your blog. I miss you too and i'd like to call you soon.

I'm so sorry I've never left a comment.
Your blog is really nice and I enjoy reading things about you.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Hugs to you and your family.

Love Nadine

Sheila said...

Nadine!!!!!!!!!!! LOTS of hugs and love girlie! That letter is going in the mail today, I am so sorry for not writing earlier. :)

Don't worry about not commenting, I've done that plenty before.

Everybody! Meet Nadine! We've literally been friends since we were babies. :D Yay!

Anna Naomi said...

Google Analytics are interesting! We've gotten hits from Japan, South Africa, different European Nations and some from South America, just to name a few. You have to wonder how they find the blog! =)

I'm one of your Alabamians (as if you didn't already know!). =)

Sydney Smith said...

Does Texas count as being exotic??
I thought I was the only one who liked seeing where the people who vist my site come from, I feel alittle more normal now...well as normal as I can feel =]

the Anne Girl said...

Hi,
I'm from Nebraska (I'm one of Erica's good friends). I occasionally visit your blog, but I thought this post was funny, so that's why I'm commenting. I used to have sitemeter when I had a blogger blog, and I always wondered about all the foriegn readers that popped up on sitemeter. :P

Sheila said...

Hello 'The Anne Girl'! I've seen you around on Erica's blog, and I've actually visited your blog several times! :)

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

I'm from the boonies of Wisconsin!!! Were did you get your sitemeter?
Lydia