Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Laughter!


Psalm 126:2
Then our mouth was filled with laughterAnd our tongue with joyful shouting;Then they said among the nations,"The LORD has done great things for them."

Proverbs 17:22
A joyful heart is good medicine.


I stole this next bit from James Galway's website:

Laughter, by definition, is healthy.
--Doris Lessing

A hearty laugh can warm a cold room and make our spirits soar. But many of us are afraid to laugh, especially when we make mistakes. We think we’re supposed to be perfect, and we don’t allow ourselves to make mistakes. However, we’re not a mold punched out by a machine. We’re human beings, with all our wonderful flaws. It is those flaws that make our lives interesting and surprising. Who knows when we might accidentally bump into a chair or catch our sweater on a doorknob? We needn’t feel self-conscious, it happens to many of us.
The ability to laugh at ourselves is a gift from God. All we need to do is grab it and use it. Then we will see how healthy and powerful laughter can be.
From ‘Today’s Gift’
~~~

Oh, to laugh! Last night, I was thinking about laughter, and I was thinking how important it is to our lives. I realized that I laugh a lot more than I used to. I noticed that people's laughter rubs off on you. Sometimes I laugh, and I think, "Oh, that sounds like my Mom!" or sometimes I laugh, and I think "Oh, that sounds like my Dad", or like Jen, or like Rosemary. Everyone's laugh is individual, and I believe that is so because it is a conglamoration of many laughs, laughs that we have heard through the years. Laughs that make us laugh in return. Isn't it beautiful when just a few words can make you laugh?

Hahahahahahahahahahaaa!!! Ahahahahahahahahahahahaa!!! Music. Pure music.

Laugh today,
Sheila

PS. Post on my musical endeavours will come on the weekend. :D Wish me luck on Saturday evening!

2 comments:

Mariah said...

Yes, laughter is good for the heart. I actually read some about that last week in my science! Amazing, isn't it?
Mariah

Maria said...

Crazy... I laughed extremely hard just an hour or two ago. Today has been a very good, happy, day, full of that bubbling joy that leads to laughter.

Laughter is one thing I don't get enough of...