Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Sugar Fast

Hello friends!

This post really has nothing to do with you, however, I'm posting it so that someone knows...

I'm going on a sugar fast for a week. Not for any particular reason, but just because I'm trying to reduce my sugar intake in general, and I figure if I can stay off it for a week, then it will be easier to just have small things once in a while. It will seem like BINGING compared to not eating any.

So, I'm saying that I will not eat candy, cakes, sugary treats, ice cream, etc. until Thursday, May 15, 2008. Period. At all. The reason I'm posting here is so that I can't just say to myself "Oh yeah, well it wasn't really real, I didn't tell anybody or anything....." and go ahead and eat sugar. That's what happens to me all the time. So, if I come here and say I ate sugar, it will be rather embarrassing. There's my consequence. Yay!

Pray for me, I hope this works out!
Sheila

4 comments:

Sadie said...

I did that for four days once, after a very sugar-y church picnic....it really helped! And it kind of becomes habit after the first day or two, a so that for a long time after the fast it still feels like a special occasion to eat any sugar at all! I really should do that again.....

:)

Mariah said...

I'll be praying for you! I, too, need to cut down on my sugar intake. I am also trying to exercise more but that doesn't always get done.
Mariah

Maria said...

That's a good idea! I try to not eat a lot of sugar, but it's so hard when there's candy at the bible study and ice cream floats at the end of the year program and a graduation party for Marta this weekend... It does feel so much better though. :) Have fun!

Maria said...

Yummy! I might have to keep banana based ice cream in mind... I thought it was some sort of porridge when I saw the picture. :)