Friday, June 20, 2008

Always Exploring


To begin with, this blog will be a diary of my big trip this summer. We'll be gone for 5 weeks, and I'm getting rather excited, as well as a bit nervous! I have the chance of a lifetime, as I've been accepted as a participant (performer) at James Galway's international flute masterclass in Weggis, Switzerland, where he now resides. To find out more about James Galway and his amazing flute career, visit www.thegalwaynetwork.com

We will also be spending a relaxing week in Italy, and visiting friends and family in the town where I was born in Switzerland. The last week of our trip will be spent near Montreu, Switzerland, where I will attend a woodwind ensemble week with other young musicians from around the world, and learning one-on-one from Cormac Henry, principle flutist of the Liverpool Orchestra.

Questions? Feel free to ask. Hopefully soon I'll be posting updates on the happenings and preparations that go along with this trip.

Best,
Sheila Christine

4 comments:

Maria said...

Yay!!! I'm looking forward to pictures, and hopefully you will be better at travel blogging than I am, maybe because I'm not really traveling...

Mariah said...

Hey Sheila!
Wow! It's won't be long until you leave! I can't wait to hear about all of your experiences that you'll have.
Love,
Mariah
P.S. Very pretty picture! :D

Anna Naomi said...

Wow! A trip through Europe sounds really fun! Hope you have a great time!

grey squirrel said...

Sounds like you've got quite the summer ahead of you! Hope you have fun! Say hello to your parents for me...for all of us, really.