Thursday, June 5, 2008

Choral music

Hello friends,

I have been blessed to sing with amazing choirs in my life. I sang in an incredible children's choir for 4 years, and I am so blessed to have had that opportunity. I joined another fantastic choir in January, and hopefully in September will be switching (can't add it because practice is on the same night) to a stunning small youth chamber choir. I've also had the opportunity to play flute withe the children's choir I used to belong to at Christmas, and will be doing so again this year again, as well as playing flute for the choir I joined in January. I also have been presented with an amazing offer to join that same youth/children's choir and sing with them in Hawaii next year. (don't know yet, cost...) I helped out with percussion at another stunning choral concert recently, and just listening to that music tingled the hair on the back of my neck. Choral music is seeping into my soul and getting the better of me.

Today I looked up a boy's choir from London, England, and watched this video. This is Libera. If it doesn't leave you with an open mouth and an amazing, peaceful, stunned, tingling-hair feeling, then I can't understand you. This is beyond words.



Peace,
Sheila

4 comments:

Maria said...

Sheila,

That is beautiful! Thank you very much. Boys have such pretty voices!

Maria

Miriam Rebekah said...

I love singing too, Sheila. You are blessed to have been in so many good choirs.
I've been in a for the last 3 years and love it! Our director is the best!

The video is beautiful! Their voices are so pure.

God bless,
Miriam Rebekah

imogeninchrist said...

Hi! This is such a great blog.. I live in the UK so I've heard about libera before. I'm 16 as well - such a great age to be! I've also got a blog www.encouragementinchrist.blogspot.com , designed to encourage other Christians. Feel free to check it out!
Imogen xox

Sheila said...

Thanks you three! I'll visit your blog, Imogen. :)