Friday, October 31, 2008

Our Creator's Voice is Near


Hello friends,

I realize that lately my posts have been either silly or just about events, for the most part, but I just wanted to write something a little more heartfelt and thoughtful. :)

Lately I've been astounded by this incredible autumn we've had. I don't know how it is for you, but here, we've had an exceptionally dry, warm, sunny fall, and it has really touched my soul. It seems that God likes to speak to me through nature. Sometimes I don't know exactly what He's saying, but I can hear a gentle whisper. I know it's often hard for me to quiet my soul enough to hear the words, but even amid the busy cacophony of life, just hearing that voice is so reassuring.

It is in these moments that I feel the glory of our Creator is present in each moment. Recently, I read 'Practicing the Presence of God' by Brother Lawrence. Must-read. Totally! If we have that presence in our lives at every moment, our lives will brightly shine the grace that we so desire to portray. And then, no matter what we say, or what motive, there is always that presence to come back to. There is always an element of our Creator shining through.


Let us not forget His incredible immensity. For even though listening to and hearing God's voice has been something I've struggled with since I was tiny, it is there. The presence is there, even if we aren't getting the words. I've come to believe that when the words are not so defined as we would like, if we watch our circumstances, and, dwelling in His glorious presence, pay attention to the happenings and beauties around us, we will find the message there, waiting for us to receive it.


So let us revel in this presence, in this voice. What have I heard lately?

"Look around, do you see the colours?
Do you see the changing of life?
I am here. I am within the colours.
They are my very fingerprints!
Yet I am sovereign.
I will not leave you.
You are mine.
I love you.
"

~Your Creator



Truly,
Sheila Christine

7 comments:

beautifulgraceblog said...

I second you!

Mariah said...

Beautiful!!!

Lorraine said...

Yup, my thoughts exactly! I have been hearing the Lord wisper "I love you" through His gift of the colours this fall. Not since growing up in Ontario have I seen such a glorious autumn and it has been a huge gift to my heart. I hear Him saying "Look! I am full of Joy, my creation displays some of the complexity of Who I Am, and I love to give good and perfect gifts to my children". I think He is very pleased when we notice His gifts and thank Him for them. Well done!

Cowgirl_E said...

Hey Girl!

You are most definitely *very* cool. No, I haven't the foggiest idea how to rescue someone with a cervical spinal injury from deep water while keeping their entire cervical region immobilized.

So hats off to you! :)

Nella Camille said...

Lovely post, sister! I love how spontaneous your pictures are =)

Hugs,
~Camille

P.S. Wow @ Sheila and Erica- you guys sound like professionals!

Anna Naomi said...

Lovely post and beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and glimpses into the beautiful autumn you're having.

Darelina said...

Hi Sheila, I came across your blog from Maidens of Worth. You have some very nice posts, both on this new blog and your previous. I am extremely curious about something though... you mentioned that you never use shampoo. What do you use on your hair, because its beautiful! :)

Thanks,
Darelina