Friday, October 3, 2008

This keep on rolling...

Hey there friends!

I know I have at least two people who are antsy about my blog, so I will try to be a bit more consistent. ;) (You flutists--GOSH!) In any case, I've been spending hours each day researching Canadian politics. Dry, but fascinating. I think I'm definitely Green, but I also am supporting NDP, because of strategic voting. I finally think I am starting to wrap my head around what politics is all about. All I have to do now is wait two years until I can vote! Let's give a big "YEAAAHHHH!!!" for youthful vibrancy in politics!

In non-political realms, I've been chillin' thinking about life, wishing I could dye a chunk of my hair bright red without everyone thinking I'm a punk and want to rule the world, but just for FUN. Oh, the crazy things we do at 16, hey? But that's just a goofy thought and isn't likely to come about just yet, I think I'll have to wait. :)

Life just keeps rolling along, it's Autumn now, and the leaves are starting to fall, and I'm trying to keep joyful about it, learning the beauties and complexities of this incredibly season of completion. I REALLY think that we shoud change the calendar and make the middle of Autumn be the end of the year, because it just makes sense. One day when I rule the world...wait...I said I wasn't going to do that! Hahahaaaa!

I have discovered that I really like the Dixie Chicks! Ha! Go to youtube and listen to 'Wide Open Spaces'. THAT is how I feel 95% of the time!

In any case, I have a bunch of practicing and essay-writing and history-studying to do, so I'm off.

If you want to see more of me online, I HIGHLY reccommend that you join Facebook and friend me. :)


HUGS!
Sheila



EDIT: PS. Maria made a good point that I just want to quickly discuss. I agree completely that that we must not forget about the "invisible kingdom which is infinitely more important" than politics. (wonderful way of putting it, Maria!) However, while we are here on earth, we need to make sure that the creation that God has put us in charge of is managed as well as possibly, making earthly politics important. It is also an important Godly responsibility to be caring for our nations. :)

2 comments:

beautifulgraceblog said...

Is something the matter? You keep posting so frequently and surprising me. :D JK

In your study of politics, don't forget about the invisible kingdom which is infinitely more important.

I always thought the year should begin with spring. Something about the new life...

You're definitely right about facebook- you're on there all the time

Maria

Sheila said...

Of course Maria, you are right on. However, while we are here, we need to make sure that the creation that God has put us in charge of is managed as well as possibly, making earthly politics important. :)