Thursday, November 20, 2008

Just stopping by...


Just stopping in to say hello. "Hello!"

Today is a crazy day, I had history/harmony/piano lesson this morning, organized all my teaching stuff, taught a 1/2 hour, did more running around and organizing, had a flute duet practice with Marianne for the upcoming choir concert, drove to town with my Mum and picked up a book on Glen Gould and a book on natural building alternatives (so cool...have to do a post on that) at the library, got a wire on my braces clipped that was poking me, picked up brandy for the Christmas cake, and got cinnamon. Came home and helped out a bit, worked on tidying my room, worked on harmony some, helped more with Christmas cake, worked more on my room, read some in the new building green book, and here I am. Sort of doesn't seem like much...but I've been going non-stop!

Tomorrow I'm off to visit my grandparents, so I just thought I would let you know I'm alive and well, first. I'm just really tired. Everybody has been trying not to get sick or getting sick, and thus far I'm in the 'trying not to get sick' camp. Minimal sore throat is all it has amounted to so far, but I believe the echinacea is doing what it's supposed to. :)

Guess what? Yesterday I auditioned for a choir. I'm in. Ooooh yeah!!! I am SO excited, oh my gosh! You wouldn't believe. Yesterday afternoon I kept asking my Mum "Guess what?" and just re-iterating my excitement. This is an amazing little choir. Should be a good experience. But it's the same night as my other choir, and I am REALLY going to miss it, my goodness!

In any case, this post has been rather boring and self-centred, so what's happening with all of you? :)

Hugs!!!
Sheila the crazy.

3 comments:

Idzie said...

If you think you might be getting sick, I'd highly suggest taking both vitamin C (although you're probably doing that already :-P) and zinc. I find zinc makes a HUGE different in both preventing colds and cutting the duration of colds down if you do still get sick. Good luck staying healthy!

I think I need to find somewhere where I can sing as well... I'm not an amazing singer or anything, but neither am I terrible.

Ooh, as for what's happening with me, I've been discovering cool things that happen in my city that I never even knew about! And thinking I'm going to start doing volunteer work again... I haven't been for a while, and I'm really missing it...

Sheila said...

Awesome! Yep, love zinc, and I'm taking my vits!!! Volunteer work is amazing. Keep at it!

Mariah said...

Well, you already know a lot of what's going on with me. :) I'm in the 'sick' category. I'm not sure what it's from but so far six people here have gotten up sick this morning. I hope it doesn't last more than a day!
Hugs,
Mariah