Monday, December 8, 2008

Hugs

Kari and Kayla a couple years ago at camp.

Sometimes things don't make sense. Water Safety Instructor courses being full, not being able to get in, having a flute headjoint slip from your hands and onto a metal tie while putting it away in the middle of a fabulous choir rehearsal, the headjoint now dented so it won't fit into the flute, and of course, failing to remember the words on a solo. These things don't make sense.

And yet...nothing is coincidence. Looks like I'll be able to get my WSI in another town now, and finish before I would have started the other one. My flute headjoint is being sent off tomorrow, and everyone was super sweet. Hugs abounded, and I discovered how much people cared about me. Somehow singing "Let There Be Peace" afterwards was comforting. I just hung onto the words, and centred my soul, offering it to God as a humble sacrifice.

And all those hugs. There's something to be said for being in a choir with 59 other people, two thirds of whom are ladies who've been Mums. They hug me, and comfort me, and love me, and ask me if I'm alright. As I struggle against my ram-like feelings to just barge through and be mad ("HOW could I have dropped it, I am so carefull!!!"), they remind me that "It'll work out.". They don't worry. They trust me, they understand. They are just...people. Of course, Marianne was there too, and as soon as it happened, I RAN (faster than ever!) down the hall to find her. She was there, and she hugged me, and comforted me. (Thank you!!!) and I cried, (so what else is new?) and felt loved.

So maybe God just needed to show me that people care, that the world is not for naught, that those words in that song, which echo the angels voices on that starry night so long ago, are so true!

"Let there be peace on earth, unending peace on earth, let hatred cease on earth, let there be peace! In my hands and in my heart, let there be peace! I will try to do my part, let there be peace! I have the power [to begin peace], I hold the key, let it [peace] begin with me! In my heart, and in my hands, let there be peace! I have dreams and I have plans, let there be peace! I have the power, I hold the key, let it begin with me! Let there be peace on earth, unending peace on earth, let hatred cease on earth, Let There Be Peace!!!"

And I felt that peace. Given to my from God by all those people there tonight. Maybe that's why I dropped the stupid headjoint. I needed that comfort. I needed that "peace of God that transcends all understanding". (Phil. 4:7)

Signing off with hugs,
~Little Miss

3 comments:

Mariah said...

Really nice post, Sheila. Very encouraging. :) Is that the same Kari I know?

Marianne Sadik said...

There! We knew that you'd find the reason why it happened, but I don't think either of us thought you'd find it quite so soon!
Love & Hugs,
Marianne

Sheila said...

It's the same Kari you know. Haven't seen her in a while though.

Thanks Marianne!