Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Let's play a game...

Awww...family self-portrait from 3 years ago that I found on this computer!!! Bitsy was so little!!! So was I... haha!
Okay, so I've seent this plenty before, but it's fun, and it will (hopefully) make you comment. Everybody who reads this sentence has to comment. It is LAW! :)
Grab the nearest book, find page 56 (or if there aren't that many pages, page 6), count the fifth sentence, type it out for me, and tell me what book! Mine was...
"Exercise 5.2b requested an analysis of an excerpt from Beethoven's Sonata in F for violin and piano, Opus 24." from "Harmony: A Practical Approach Part I", my harmony text/workbook. :)
Amusing, and as we all know: Small things amuse small minds. :-D Now do tell!
Hugs,
Sheila, adding random posts to her blog because she like to. :P
PS. Finished the Romance on Three legs book yesterday. SO GOOD!!! Wow!

9 comments:

Idzie said...

"Prussia concocted a method based on complex fragmentation's to ensure that it's school products would fit the grand social design."

From the essay The Public School Nightmare by John Taylor Gatto, found in the book Everywhere All The Time: A New Deschooling Reader.

I've done this before, and it's so much fun! :-)

Mariah said...

Okay, I just grabbed a book out of the shelf here. It says:
"Write the new Basic Sentences which these pictures illastrate:"

~From Artes Latinae, Latin self teaching.

Okay......... lol :P

Lisa said...

Okay, from: Creating Web Pages with HTML, XHTML and XML, 2nd Edition. (A textbook)
"Stephen would like users to have a quicker way to access that information."

jen said...

"Without them (beets), New England Boiled Dinner would have lacked the cheer of red on the platter and no one would have written euologies to Red Flannel Hash..."
- Farm Journal Cooking in America

Sadie said...

"Lost Worlds: The Romance of Archeology" by Anne Terry White

'Now he was searching for examples of a writing which he believed to be Cretan. At least Cretan was the excuse Arthur Evans gave himself.'


OK....haha, pretty random!!!!

beautifulgraceblog said...

Well, the nearest book is my notebook that I am writing all my math formulaes in, but I haven't numbered the pages, so we will have to settle for my Western Civ text.

Greek notions of harmony, proportion, and beauty have remained the touchstones for all subsequent Western art.

Summary sentence for chapter 3 which covered the greeks. Western Civilization, Brief Discovery Edition, Third Edition, Jackson J. Spielvogel

Sheila said...

Thanks everyone! So fun!

Miriam Rebekah said...

How fun!

"He lowered Handel's travel chest to the ground and then jumped down alongside it."

-Hallelujah by J. Scott Featherstone

Anna Naomi said...

I grabbed the most available one off of my bookshelf...

"As they walked home, Elizabeth related to Jane what she had seen pass between the two gentlemen; but though Jane would have defended either or both, had they appeared to be wrong, she could no more explain such behaviour than her sister." - from Pride and Prejudice