Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ravelry

Made this guy a year ago...cute, hey?

Hi there!

If I'm posting too much, please slap me now. :)

So part of the video that I posted yesterday was chopped out. I talked about my yarn-ish career, but it turned out that I sounded like a complete GEEK! Which is fine, but the video was too long anyway, so I chopped it. I think I'll make another video about it eventually.

Anyway...a few days ago I requested a Ravelry.com invite. Today I got it. Today I joined! Today is exciting! Ravelry is AWESOME!!! Very cool. Not only have I come across people locally who knit and crochet, (well, sort of local) I have also discovered about ten billion patterns and yarn ideas and shops and all sorts of cozy things. Very exciting.

So I am imploring you to pull out your knitting and crocheting, request a Ravelry invite, join, find me and friend me, move to Vancouver Island, and start another fibre group with me! Or if you're here...lets get together and knit, shall we? *grin*

Speaking of local, I keep seeing someone from Victoria visiting my blog. Who are you? I'm always excited to see local people. If you want to remain anonymous, that's fine, I'm just generally welcoming and happy. :)

Off to get going on some knitting and crochet. Have to revamp a pattern I tried and don't like. :-D

Hugs,
Sheila

3 comments:

Idzie said...

Aw, he is cute! And don't worry, you're not posting too much at all! I really suck at knitting I'm afraid... But I want my mom to help me make a scarf sometime, because I got lots of nice real wool yarn, and now I want to be able to actually use it!

Marianne said...

To my flute-playing & now knitting buddie - what a wonderful combination! :D

Mariah said...

I want to learn to knit so I can make some diaper cover thingies for Elena. But, I don't know if that will happen. I'm getting ready to start crocheting a blanket.
Hugs,
Maya