Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The legend of the squished cupcake


Life life life. Keeps on tickin', hey?

I've been told that I have, in the past, possibly made certain people's words sound like they weigh too much. So I'm going to show you all that everyone's words are equal. Yaya! People are awesome!

Recent words and actions that made me indescribably happy for completely different reasons:

- Being told I'm hilarious and have nothing to worry about.
- Being thanked muchly muchly for being so willing to help.
- Being told I'll be absorbed. :-P
- Being thanked for my willingness to listen.
- Being hugged by special special people. (person?)
- Being told that it was so cold that steam came out of a saxophone at a concert.
- Being associated with certain people.
- Being told the same vital thing by several people over the course of a week.
- Being told that something I sang would make a certain someone else cry.
- Being welcomed into my new choir.

And my favourite, from today...

- Myself turning a yucky-sounding E on the flute into an analogy about a squished cupcake...and then that squished cupcake being turned into an analogy about me!

etc. etc. etc. etc..........

Ah yes, they may sound petty, but they are all from those moments where you just kind of stand there with your mouth wide open and then grin and walk away in a daze. In any case, that solves the dilemma of the butter tart, or scone, or whatever it was we ate there while discussing the question regarding the weight of words and squished cupcakes.

And I was going to take my camera with me island-ing the other day, and I even made a mini-vlog to add to the pics/videos I was going to take, and it would have been SO cool, because the waves were ginormous and the pond was frozen over and the trees were swaying and it was utterly cool, but I forgot to bring my camera, and now I can't find it at all. *sigh* I'll have to just throw some random photos into this post. Of cupcakes.

In any case, today was fun, though I got up late since I couldn't sleep last night, and then cried over my musical frustration, and had to pack up my practicing early to go to flute. Once I got there, things got much better though. I managed to perk up and become my crazy self after I scraped the frustration away. I'd say the second half of my lesson was millions of times better than the first half. I sort of started off groggy and frustrated, upset at every imperfection, and as my playing improved, so did my attitude and my feelings towards the world, (which is sort of what an attitude is, isn't it?), and I felt so wonderfully insane. I love that. That's who I am. Wonderfully insane. I think the squished cupcake came un-squished. Hahahaaaaa!!!

By the time Marianne showed up for trio I was totally in my zone, and I was musically intuitive and giggly and bizarre. I guess they've learned to deal with my weirdness. :-D I actually had a lot of fun today with that; definitely wonderfull.

So tomorrow I work in the morning, and then I plan to practice nothing but piano. All day. Well, except for between 3:00 and 3:30 because I have voice, and between 1:30-ish and who-knows-when because Susan's stopping by. Hopefully I can prove that I actually did practice this week, and don't become that crazy squished cupcake again.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow: Cute little kids, practice PIANO! Piano/history/etc. with Susan, practice PIANO! Voice lesson, practice PIANO!

Yep.

Crazy cupcake girl,
Sheila

5 comments:

Idzie said...

*Laughs* Sounds cool. :-) And by the way, I'm not a Crazy Cupcake Girl (which is awesome, by the way ;-)) but I used to be an anarchist muffin... Strange, eh? :-P

Marianne said...

Hey Crazy Cupcake Girl!
I had a lot of fun with you today as well! I LOVE IT when people act more like their shoe size and less like their waist size! :D Hahahahaha
And Jen...... I promise to be spontaneously stupid somewhen in the near future!
Grrrrrrrreat rehearsal - see you next week!
Hugs,
Marianne

jen said...

Listen up my little cupcake dudes, please don't feel you have to be spontaneously stupid just for ME!! :>)

I admit I love to laugh, but don't feel you need to start me off---I can manage to fall helplessly into the giggles just by myself:

"Suh!! (salutes all wobbley and precise!) Your strawberry jam, Suh!"

I mean, honestly, what *does* that mean? Only my brain knows for sure.

Here's to the baking powder that elevates all sugar and spice..hahahhahaa
Jen :>D

Anonymous said...

Yup! You're definitely crazy. :D

Love you.

-Maria

Sheila said...

Hey you crazy people!

Idzie, you've got tell me the anarchist muffin story. Makes me laugh. :-)

Jen, I've walked around the house "Suh!"-ing and saluting myself, so don't worry. :-P My baking powder elevates CUPCAKES!!! *zing!*

Marianne, you delight me with your tales of spontaneous stupidity, but I wonder if a dignified lady such as yourself could ever do such a thing? *giggle*

Maria, yeah, you said it first. No wait...I did. Hahahaaa!!! And I'm assuming you WERE referring to me? *giggle again*

Hugs you all,
Sheila