Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Little About Me: a note to all blog readers


Hello out there! I've just noticed recently that I am doing what I've always done, and that is coming off too strong, too emotional, etc. What you may not know, is that it's just who I am. :-) I do my best to stifle the bad parts, and only highlight the good, but you may have noticed that expressing deep emotion (tone of voice, facial expression, etc.) is really hard in writing. :-)

So let me explain a bit about me and my blog posts. Hopefully you'll be able to understand them better afterward. :-)

I wear my heart on my sleeve. Believe it or not, I am a very emotionally sensitive person, and I cry at the drop of a hat. In fact, I found myself sobbing uncontrollably today, with no one in the house, simply because I was a little frustrated and stressed about a certain musical thing. Everything I say is from my heart, and the thing with that is that my heart is exposed and very tender. Please don't break it!


I get angry. Anger, actually, isn't necessarily a bad thing! When I get angry, I end up wanting to change things, and I usually do, or at least begin to. That's when my most vehement, seemingly one-sided posts get written. Usually I actually do have evidence, but I feel so frustrated and/or excited about a certain topic, that I don't show much of the other side. Feel free to ask me to give more info if I seem one-sided!

I am wild and free. I go dancing through fields, sit on rocks at the beach for hours, dance around my room, and go for walks in the forest. So does my soul. It is at times like these when my most vibrant, beautifully-coloured posts get written. I feel peaceful and blissful. The thing is, it's also really easy for me to come down off these 'highs'. A negative word, an untoward thought, anything, will send me in a downward spiral.



I am excited about learning and controversial topics. Bet that doesn't surprise you! I love to research all sorts of controversial stuff, from homebirth to vegetarianism, to natural building, unschooling, and intentional communities. Go figure! I may post about these things, and I know that many of you will disagree, and that's fine. A lot of people do. Just remember that I spiral downwards easily. :-)

I love to laugh and be silly. As much as I love to cry on rocks at sunset, while dreaming up my life's plan to live self-sufficiently, I also love to just be goofy! I tickle my Mum, I laugh out loud at awkward moments, I giggle uncontrollably. The dog makes me chuckle, just by looking at her, and dressing up silly and doing jumping-jacks is definitely not out of the question. This is the girl who dressed up the cats and pushed them in strollers, and dressed up incessantly as a little girl.



So that's me in a nutshell. I hope this helps you to understand me and my sometimes rather crazy posts. You'll have to just take me as I am. :-)

What about you? What makes you you?

Hugs,
Sheila Christine

10 comments:

Idzie said...

Sheila, you're marvelous. I love your honesty. I love your openness. I love how passionate about so many things you are. And I love reading your blog.

Lots and lots of hugs,
Idzie :-)

P.S. I think I'll write my own blog post soon, about what makes me me. :-)

Mariah said...

I know exactly what you mean when you say that you can easily spiral downward. That happens to me a lot. It seems like whenever I get really excited about something, I'll be really happy, then someone will just made some snide remark and it brings me down. :(

That's a beautiful post, and you know what makes it beautiful? YOU!! You are so much more than words can describe and I'm really hoping we can meet again this summer so I can get to know more of the real you. Even if you describe what happens, it isn't the same as being there.

Hugs,
Maya

jen said...

Hi Sheila,
I have to tell you something important!!

The google blog comment button was not working for three days (at least for me). So right when you thought that no one was commenting, the button wasn't working!!

How's that for crazy?

Best, Jen

Sheila said...

There you go! But actually, it was before that too. :-) But thanks!

Lisa said...

I'd actually already figured a lot of that. You're very colourful. :P I wish I could analyze myself like that; I often want to explain myself especially when I have just surprised someone by doing something they did not expect. I would write something like "Lisa's Guide to Understanding Lisa." But I haven't been able to yet.

Hope you have a great week,
Love Lisa

Maria Pauline said...

I love you because you are Sheila. And Sheila is passionate, sensitive, loving, elated, daring, and full of life. I would be sad if you were any other way.

-Maria

Sheila said...

Thanks so much girls! Well, I think learning to understand yourself is worth it, absolutely, but it is definitely time-consuming and takes a lot out of you. I've spent the last year or two actively figuring myself out. It's been a long, hard road! :-)

Johanna said...

Wow! You really are a ba..... Justkiding! I LOVE when girl's wright about them selve's! It make's me feel like I have known you for EVER. And I like your life style!

Cowgirl_E said...

I need to think about what makes me me and get back to you. Although you might be able to give a better guess than I could. =)

Anishinaabekwe said...

I like this post! This is a cool blog, glad I stumbled upon it! I too am wild and free! I feel this is most natural for humans to be this way. I don't know why we have tried to settle into homes. To be free is to follow one's heart. I always feel called to go certain places but I know the restraints of money, borders and the consciousness of our time blocks me from doing so.

Here are a few things that make me who I am...

1) I feel most comfortable on the land, in the forest, near the Great Lakes.
2) I love my cat - she is one of the greatest healers that I know.
3) I was raised to be very idealistic by my neighborhood, community, and high school. Despite the world not be so idealistic I still am after being out of HS 9 years.
4) I am committed to walking the healing path in my life. Sometimes this is not the easiest thing to do.