Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Culture


So, I had a post inside my head. It has vanished, but I'll see what I can find up in my mind. :-)

Society is messed up. Politics is weird. And yet, somehow, we continue to live, and breathe, and go about our daily duties. Time keeps on going! Still, it seems we must change something. Whether this is with electing a new prime minister, or by living green, I don't know. All I know is we have to trust God, because it's all under control.

I discuss the passive-ness of our generation and the generation before us, and I feel like I, as an individual, must do something to change it. I know I can't change the whole scope of the generation, but what I know is possible, is to change me. To let my Creator work in and through me, changing me. And if a few people do that...maybe we can change. Maybe we can become better.

Where is home? I have yet to figure that out for sure, but when I see a puddle with raindrops swirling into it, or a mountain, or the ocean, or a tree that calls my name, I know I'm home. When I feel that homeward pull, I find my generation changing.

Perhaps this made no sense to you, this short rambling of the topics of passion whirling through my mind, but I hope it spoke to you just a little bit.

Hugs,
Sheila

4 comments:

Mariah said...

Thoughts similar to those have been swirling around in my head too. I know I can't change everything, but if I truly live out what I believe, maybe I can change a few people.
Hugs,
Maya

Idzie said...

It did speak to me. :-) And of course you know, since you read my blog, that I'm always thinking about stuff like that...

Peace,
Idzie

beautifulgraceblog said...

Thanks Sheila.

For some strange reason, I think you'd like the stories I'm reading for lit.

-Maria

Elijah Lofgren said...

> "Society is messed up. Politics is weird. And yet, somehow, we continue to live, and breathe, and go about our daily duties."

I've been thinking about this too. I find it simply amazing that each day things usually work out as we expect. We can schedule concerts, parties, etc. long in advance and they still happen.

> I discuss the passive-ness of our generation and the generation before us, and I feel like I, as an individual, must do something to change it. I know I can't change the whole scope of the generation, but what I know is possible, is to change me. To let my Creator work in and through me, changing me.

I'm realizing more and more that it seems that maybe just influencing the people we know can still be a worthwhile. I want to change people, but it seems that we can't change many many people. It seems to me that we most influence people that we know well.


> Perhaps this made no sense to you, this short rambling of the topics of passion whirling through my mind, but I hope it spoke to you just a little bit.

Thanks for posting it! I look forward to reading your future posts.