Sunday, March 29, 2009

Growing, Learning, and Beginning Anew


So where is life at? It's big, that's all I can say. God is working in me, and through me in the most wondrous and incredible ways! I'm finally connecting with people (yay choir!) and feeling like I'm really living. Things keep coming full circle, like I'm watching this bizarre, yet amazing domino effect happen before my eyes. Someone changes, which changes me, which changes someone else...always circles, always flowing!

My old blog's name was 'An Instrument in Christ's Hands'. I liked it, but always felt frustrated because I didn't really feel like an instrument. Now I know He can use me. I know He can work through me. I know I can be an instrument in His hands, used for the glory of His name, and the building up of those around me.

Strangely enough, my strength and ever-growing passion for life, humanity, the things I mention in my 'about me', and countless others, is actually worthwhile. I have been afraid to be me for so long. I always felt I had to be whoever those around me wanted me to be. The last year or two have been a journey, and I feel like I have completed the first section of that journey. At the moment, I feel full, and enriched, and alive.

I just wanted to share a scripture passage from the Bible that has really encouraged me of late:
"[W]alk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love, being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all. But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ's gift." Ephesians 4:1a-7
Isn't that amazing? And so I will walk in all humility and gentleness, with patience and tolerance, and love, preserving the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Not of my own strength, but the strength that comes with the gift from above. It's my plea to you to do your part. Don't be idle. Pour your heart into the loving of Christ, and through that into love and peace for your brothers and sisters here on earth! We are not separate from one another, we are one.

With all my hugs in ten-thousand sparkling bubbles,
Sheila

3 comments:

Mariah said...

Beautiful! And I'm trying to learn to not be idle, but sometimes that is hard for me to do. And, it helps so much to know it isn't by my strength that I can do anything, I don't have to worry about myself, God will give me any and all I need.
Hugs,
Maya

Lorraine said...

Beautiful, Sheila! and Amen! You are His instrument, the Spirit dwells within you, and He blesses folks around you (myself included) by His love living in and through you. Great Scripture - I wish I could memorize the whole book of Ephesians!!
Keep shining!
Mum

Elijah Lofgren said...

This is good to hear!

God. Is. Amazing.