Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sharing the Choral Beauty

So I got some recordings of our little choir concert on Wednesday night. I thought you all might enjoy listening to some of it, so here it is. I also sang a duet that evening with Christina, so I think you might like to listen to that to. Here it is!

You should be able to see a drop-down list underneath with Oh Lovely Peace (the duet), and the four choir pieces; Lerchengesang (Lark Song), Love Psalm, Send in the Clowns, and Somewhere. I hope you enjoy!!! (just so you know, there is no picture) EDIT: Meant to mention that in the duet I'm the lower voice. I usually sing first (like REALLY high!!!) but we are both first sopranos, so we just chose arbitrarily. :-)





Enjoy!
Sheila

9 comments:

Idzie said...

Wow. Those are just, just... Stunningly beautiful is a good description, I think. I especially loved hearing the duet. :-) Thanks so much for sharing such lovely music!

Sheila said...

Thanks! And I forgot to mention that I'm the lower voice...

Anonymous said...

Stunning indeed!!
Fabulouso!!
Excellentay! Especially duet.
Wowza! J. :>)

beautifulgraceblog said...

Wow! That is absolutely beautiful. I didn't realize you could sing like that.

-Maria

Tiffany Akins said...

Am related to a member of your choir. Thanks for posting the songs. They're absolutely gorgeous. You guys should invite CBC Radio one day so they can feature your music.

Cindy-lou Akins said...

Listening to this choir is always magnificent. It's no wonder you guys are so popular! I can't say though, that I love the 5 choices. There all good but usually something a little lighthearted is thrown in. I enjoy that kind of balance.

Mariah said...

Those are beautiful! I like listening to them! :D
Hugs,
Maya

Sheila said...

Cindy-lou and Tiffany, you must be related to Brianna! :-) Actually, the choir was recently on CBC, however the recording was from before I joined the choir. Hopefully again next year! And Cindy-lou, actually, the "Lerchengesang" piece is quite light-hearted, and fun, but I totally understand. The duet wasn't part of the choral performance, really.

Thanks everyone!

Anonymous said...

Incredibly moving. Thank you so much for sharing with me.