Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Life These Days


It seems most of my posts lately have just been thoughtful ponderings, which is nice, but I thought I'd just write a bit about my life these days. It is very full. And very, very wonderful.

Last Friday, I took my music history exam, which means I'm done all my history for Grade 10 RCM! Just one more (HUGE) music history course left! This coming Thursday I'm going to be going to the mainland to be in the British Columbia Youth Choir, which I'm quite excited about! I just need to work on the music a bit more. Next month I have my Grade 7 RCM voice exam, so that will be good. And choir! Oh goodness, choir! You know, my life is very exciting! We're preparing for our 70s concert at the end of the month, along with my voice teacher's choir, and we're having a blast! The music is just so much fun, and you know what? The people are even more awesome than the music, if you can believe it! We share so many laughs, so much happiness, so much joy.

I cleaned out the bathroom cupboards and drawers yesterday. I've been threatening to do that job for weeks, and I finally did. It's funny how much you can learn about yourself by cleaning out the junk under the sink. They say you can learn a lot about a woman by the contents of her purse, but I'm thinking the bathroom cupboard is a pretty close second! So many memories, little hairclips, flowery hairbands, a book of secret places that were coded, paintings, containers of concoctions from my concocting years (have they really ended? Not so sure...) sparkly green and purple lip balm, everything shiny and sparkly and so 13-year-old. Scary, yet wonderful. It's such a time trip.

As I reorganize, I see my future through like through mist, obscured, and yet, I can see the colours, I can see the possibilities. I don't understand it all yet, but it's exciting. Though it seems vague, all I can say is that love is an amazing and very frightening thing. I am so in love, and I feel so tiny, and yet so vast beyond belief at the same time. It's a journey, that's for sure.

As far as work goes, my childminding days are numbered. In fact, I only have one day left! This morning I actually got up at 4:45 AM to go to work for my opening shift training. Muchly fun. I think I'm honestly going to love this job; lifeguarding, teaching swimming, cleaning, and all that. I actually enjoyed scrubbing algae this morning! I've got my pool keys and my happy little lifeguard uniform, and a locker and an in/out box and all that fun stuff. It makes me very happy.



I'm still teaching, of course, and I'm actually teaching for 2 hours this afternoon! Woo! Two flute kids and two piano kids, and actually, one is new! My other flute girl is taking a break until the summer. It's fun. Tiring and brain-taxing, but fun.

So all in all, my life is full full full, and tremendously fabulous! Everything just flies by at breakneck speed!

Enjoy your life, every minute of it.
Hugs,
Sheila

7 comments:

Mariah said...

Yeah, your life does sound really full! I'm glad you're enjoying it. :D
Hugs,
Mariah

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you are doing SO many things so well.......!!!

WOW!

Vunderbarr Vunderkinder-leiderhosen!!

You are a star!

J. :>D

Sheila said...

Aww, thank you my wonderful Jenni-Jen-Jen!!!

Maria said...

I want to work at your pool-- seriously. You guys get to clean too? And take care of kids? So jealous. Now you can put that in your next "who is jealous of you" tag. Oh well. I still love you. And congrats on your exam!

-Maria

Idzie said...

Wow, that sounds so wonderful! I'm so happy for you! :-D Congrats on the lifeguarding job, by the way, in case I haven't already said that. :-)

Hugs!

Idzie

Lorraine said...

Hugs!! You're doin' AWESOME hon!

Cowgirl_E said...

Just stoppin' in to say hi! I'm glad everything is going so well for you of late! Love you!