Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Joy of God's Provision: Frienship!


I feel so, so blessed, to begin a new era!  Today I met up with someone I first met when I was 13 or so, but never really had the chance to get to know.  We've both had some crazy life stuff happen since then, and as we had found each other on facebook a while back, and just recently noticed how amazingly alike we are, we decided to meet again.  For me, it seems orchestrated by God.

I have been listening to the Chronicles of Narnia on radio plays by Focus on the Family, and because of that, I had the thought that I should read Mere Christianity, by C.S. Lewis, as I've begun it before, but never read it through.  God told me that now was the time.  The next morning as I checked facebook briefly, and glanced over the previously mentioned friends' wall, I noticed that she and her other new friend had begun a book club; a Christ centred book club, and what took me by great surprise is that the book they had chosen to study first, was, you guessed it: Mere Christianity.

God is an amazing orchestrator!  So before the book club met today, my friend and I got together for tea, and spent an hour talking about life, and music, Christ, our faith, our love of nature, our past difficulties in relationships and so-called friendships, and discovered just how much we share in common.  So much!  I feel like I've known this girl for years already, and we've met, really, just once.

Oh Lord, you know my thoughts, you have planned my life, you have foreseen its events! Thank you for your mercy and lovingkindness!

Jeremiah 29:11 

For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.

What a wonder and a joy!

In His Life,
Sheila

2 comments:

BJ Hamrick said...

Awesome! Thanks for stopping by. You might enjoy my main site, www.realteenfaith.com. I play the piano too -- love your header!

Sheila said...

Thanks BJ! I have been looking at realteenfaith.com and it's fantastic, thank you! :-)