Friday, October 30, 2009

Today Was Long... But Good.


Aha!  New shiny background!  Yes, shiny background.  But don't get too attached to it, who knows when I'll decide for some reason I hate it dislike it very much.  Never know.  But in any case, I'm thinking I ought to share on here when I have some sort of something to share, because while no one might read it today, surely God will, and perhaps one day someone will come prancing along to my blog, enjoy it, and read back over the multitudes of pages that are bound to spring from my hands.  Yes, that's it.  Now, enough of that...

Today was long.  And this morning, in particular, very stressful.  It's this work thing again, and really, I don't want to bore you with the details of the whole thing, but I don't really like it very much, to say the least.  Or I could use those nice little crossed-out letters again, but I won't.  So I spent the morning writing out emergency procedures for everything from a nosebleed to a chipped tooth to an unconscious cervical-spinal victim in deep water with no breathing or pulse.  Yep.

Funny thing is that later I was looking at those pages and trying to figure out why they looked as if they'd been wet.  Funny that, with all my crying and all.  So I leaned on my Mummy and sobbed out my heart, (I'm sure it's getting to seem a little old now, sad to say.) and then clung to my Daddy and sobbed my heart out, and then was impatient with them both several times, and continued to feel desperation and despair.  Because really, some yucky stuff has gone on.

Thing is, when it came to the thing I was worried about that occured today, it wasn't really all that bad.  At least, aside from smashing my fingers with the spine board and having to have my boss hold my fingers above my heart and apply ice.  Otherwise, it wasn't terrible.  Can't say as I enjoyed every minute, mind you, but still.

You know what though?  I think that its' not being all that bad has something to do with the fact that my Mum and Dad and two of my Mum's friends were praying for me.  Excuse me, let me correct that; I'm certain beyond all doubt that it did.  Our God is great.

So two things I learned (or re-learned?  Hmm, sometimes it takes me a long time to really learn things.) today:

1.) Prayer really works.  God answers prayer.  Woohoo!!!
Philippians 4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
2.) My parents put up with my whining, (sin) and continued to love me, and prayed for me, and were there for me, and held me up... and so did my God.  He cares for us no matter what we do.  Whether it's as meanial as whining, or as big as anything else terrible you could dream up.  Thank you Lord!!!

Psalm 86:5

For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive,And abundant in lovingkindness to all who call upon You.

I love you Lord!

In His Life,
Sheila

2 comments:

Meisie said...

You go girl!

Huge Hugs

Charne

Lorraine said...

Amen to the post, Charne's admonition and hugs, and to you, growing in all the ways the Lord has set out for you. Love you so much,
more Huge Hugs,
Mum \o/