Thursday, November 12, 2009

Leaving my Hands in the Hands of God



So two days ago I got up and practiced piano, and discovered a shooting pain going up the middle of my left arm when I tried to play.  It hurt.  A lot.  So I took a rest for the day.  Yesterday I discovered the same thing in my right arm.  So I took another break.  Today it's worse than ever.  I can't open jars, hold a mug of tea, or even type this out, without some amount of pain!  I went to the doctor, and he's reffered me to a neurologist for some testing, but the appointment isn't until December 8th.  The idea is that it's probably either Tendonitis, or Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, and hopefully it's the former! 

This leaves me to face the possibility of not being able to be ready for my big piano exam in January, which is kind of a scary thought!

The thing is, that God has it all in his hands, and no matter what, He has a plan.  Lately He has seemed to lay some things on my heart for me to do in the next couple years, and honestly, I don't know where the money will come from.  I don't understand God's timing, but He has His purposes, and He will work all things together for good for those that love God. (ie, Rom. 8:28)  I will trust Him, and once again put my pianist's hands into His Pianist's hands. 

Proverbs 3:5

Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.

So please pray for me.  Not necessarily that my arms will be healed, but that God's will will be done.  Whether He wants me to postpone the exam, or continue, or whatever else He prepares me to do, help me to trust in Him, to learn from Him, and to find security in His sovereignty.

In Christ's love,
Sheila

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

In his heart a man plans his course,
but the LORD determines his steps.
Proverbs 16:9

Great attitude Sheila - this is a faith walk, not a sight walk and you are seeing this firsthand. Praying for you as you journey. Hugs, Me ;-)

Meisie said...

Praying for you! Blessings & Hugs

Charne

~Bryant said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your arms, but isn't it wonderful that we can trust the Lord to work everything out for His glory?!!