Sunday, November 29, 2009

Feminity



Never too old to be a princess.  I found a dress that used to inhabit my dress-up box, and now it actually fits me!  So much fun!

Proverbs 31:22 22She makes coverings for herself; Her clothing is fine linen and purple.
The Lord enjoys our continuing childhood and our own enjoyment of beauty, as long as it is not our sole concern.  Personally, I think we've lost something, having dumbed down our idea of 'gender identity' to jeans and a t-shirt most of the time.  We've lost something in forgetting the era of ladies in floor-length gowns, and gentlemen in ties and tails.  I wear pants, and I'm glad I can, and neither do I think it wrong, but that's not to say that we as women shouldn't remember that women is what we are, and elegance and feminity are a gift to be treasured!

Hugs,
Sheila



 

3 comments:

BJ Hamrick said...

"The Lord enjoys our continuing childhood and our own enjoyment..."

I find that true with so many things, Sheila... I'm learning He loves the kid in me. :)

You are beautiful.

Mariah said...

Beautiful! :D I love it when I get to wear skirts, dresses, etc. It seems to me that those kinds of things brings out an extra beauty that is in all girls/women, something that isn't really seen when we're always in jeans..if that makes any sense. :)
Hugs,
Mariah

Anna Naomi said...

Aren't those fun? My sister brought home some formals free from girls at her college when I was 8-10. My friends and I wore them so much, though we'd have to pin them on. A few years ago, they started fitting perfectly!

I totally agree - a girl's never to old to dress up! Too bad we don't have "legitimate" reasons to as much nowadays.

Thanks for your posts on my blog. It's been fun to hear from you!