Thursday, November 19, 2009

On the Day a Baby is Born...


Surprise surprise!  About 15 minutes after I made my last post, I got a phone call from Mary that she had been in prelabour since 5:30 that morning.  I immediately gather my things together and my Mum and I drove down.  I got a few hours sleep at my grandparents until Mary called me that she was off to the hospital, so I went too.  She was in active labour for approximately 5 hours, and it was intense.  What a priviledge to be there for her!  Matt was very sweet with her too.  In any case, a beautiful baby girl was born this morning at 6:12am, 9 pounds, 3 ounces: Julie Ann-Marie!

Birth is an absolute miracle, and I was so blessed to witness it.  Good work Mary, you did it naturally!  Woohoo! Congratulations to Matthieu and Mary and also to big brother Marc.

I'll try to post pictures soon, but I only got pictures on their camera (I can't believe I left my camera card at home!) so I'm just waiting to get them from Mary.

YAYYYYY!!!!!   BABY!!!!!   :-D

Sheila

3 comments:

Meisie said...

Oh wowzers! Awesome news!!

Lorraine said...

You did awesomely too my dear! Good going.

Miriam Rebekah said...

I was beside my sister-in-law for the home births of both her children. It was truly amazing!