Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmastime


And here I am, to make a post.  Finally!  I'm so sorry my posting has been so... non-existant.  Except for a couple tests posts, that is.  See, my internet access will be very lmimited at school, and I wanted to make sure my roundabout ways of email posting and so on actually worked.  :-)  In any case, on to more exciting things!

First off, my lack of posting hasn't been due to lack of things to post about!  It's just I honestly haven't felt like sitting down to do it.  So, here's an overview of the last week or so.  It's Christmastime!  I can't believe yesterday was the first of advent already, it's so wonderful to be celebrating Hope, Peace, Joy, and Love, and all because of our blessed Saviour.  He is so amazing.



The tree is well-decorated, and we're enjoying its beauty.

 

I'm enjoying spending time with my family and hugging them lots and lots, because I won't get to when I'm away.  I'll miss them terribly.  (This is my Daddy and I)



The night before my Mum's birthday, we went to a local reenactment of Bethlehem the night Christ was born, and it was beautiful.  It was the only time we've had any snow at all this year, and it lasted probably a total of 12 hours.  But here is me in the line-up, enjoying the falling flakes and feeling Christmas-y!

 

The morning of my Mum's birthday (you can see the remnant of snow outside), she came out to find that I had covered the livingroom floor with balloons!  She really enjoyed that.  I had also stayed up until 1:40am the night before, baking a birthday cake for her!

Thursday was my last day of work, and I enjoyed it a lot.  The children are such a joy, and I will really miss them.  I'm so glad for those opportunities.


And now I'm going to go listen to more lectures for Bible School, and do a bit of reading in Isaiah.  Who knows, maybe some crocheting is in order?

Hugs,
Sheila

3 comments:

Meisie said...

ooo the tree looks marvelous. I'll come see it for myself shortly! Love the look of the living room on mom's birthday! Sooo festive!

EricaT. said...

I liked this post. :) Your tree looks beautiful! I'm glad you enjoyed the snow - we have so much I am getting a bit tired of tromping through it to get anywhere.

I hope you will post at least a little while you are at Bible School, because I'm excited to hear all about it!

I think a phone call to me is in order before you go, ok?! Please? (I would call you, but...you know. Enormous costs and all that.)

Mariah said...

Hey Sheila! Your tree looks beautiful! Miss you. Wish you could be here to help with all the wedding planning! I hope you have a Merry Christmas! Love you!
Maya