Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Living the Father's Will

You know what happens when you find something out about your past that is seemingly irrelevant, but so unexpected that it startles you?  It makes you seek God more, because it proves to me that there are things in and around my life right now that I cannot possibly know.  The influence I have on people may never be known.  It's just a fluke I happened to find this one out, and really, it's not that important, but you know what?  It could have been!  That really tells me that I need to focus not on what influence I might have on others, but what influence Christ can have through me on others.  Isn't that an amazing thought?

The thing is, in order for Christ to influence others through me, I have to be willing to let Him work in my life.  I have to be willing to see His will come to fruition in my life.  I have to be willing to want whatever He wants, even if I don't feel like wanting it.  That's not easy, and honestly, I struggle with it.  The only thing I can do is cry out to God.

Through His grace, I can find strength.  I know it seems an over-used phrase, but He has given me so much more than I could ever deserve!  It's so amazingly true!

God is great.  Let Him work in your life today.  You never know who's around the corner watching.

In Christ's Life,
Sheila

3 comments:

Meisie said...

Very true, thanks for the reminder!

Lorraine said...

Yes, awesome stuff - I really enjoyed listening to you telling me about all this - wonderful, mature thinking. Hugs!!

preachr said...

How old did you say you were?
I'm an old goat and there are plenty of people my age who just don't get that.
It was a blessing reading your blog.
God bless