Monday, January 25, 2010

Posting by Email from Bible School! - Jan 19

(Note: This was written January 19, I couldn't get it to post from me email because I had the wrong address.  I'm new to this email posting thing, but I can't access blogger from Bible School since we have limited internet, so yes.  That's the way it is.  :-) )

Hello there friends!  Above is a picture of my bed here at school, on the first day.  It's usually slightly messier.  :-)  In any case, I thought I'd make a quick update on myself!  Sorry for the long delay in posting, but I wasn't able to get to my email, and we can't access much else from school.  We've been learning so much!  The first week of school we studied Joshua, and last week it was 2 Corinthians and Philippians, which was phenomenal.  Joshua was neat because you can see all the amazing parellels between what God did during the time of Joshua's leadership and our walks with Christ now. It's very exciting!  Philippians and 2 Corinthians were convicting in different ways.  I was very convicted about sacrificial living, suffering, and God's timing.   He is so good!

The first week was very difficult, because I came in halfway through the year and everyone else already knew each other, but it's getting better.  I don't have any best friends, but that's just as well, because this is a time to focus on Christ, not on people.  Letting Him work in my life is what's needed in this time.  It's so amazingly freeing to be in total surrender to His will for my life, not to have to figure out what to do or how to run my life.  It is amazing.

Class is soon and I want to read my Bible a bit first, so I think I'll go. 

God bless you all!
Lots of hugs!
Sheila

--
-------

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." -Jesus, in Matthew 11:28

www.thepianistshands.blogspot.com

www.windy-covers.blogspot.com

No comments: