Saturday, March 13, 2010

In a nutshell: My life right now!

(The sunrise outside where I live at Bible School)

I know it's been eons since I posted, but really, I have two very good excuses.  One is that my diary hasn't been seeing much of me lately either, I've been so busy, and the other is that at school I have no access to internet except email.  So here I am on spring break for the next 2 weeks and I decided to pop my head in.  :-)

Bible School is wonderful.  It's challenging in many ways, I'll give it that, and there are moments when I can't wait to be done, but there are many, many other moments when I'm sad it will end so soon.  I'm learning a lot in class, it's a great growing time, and I'm learning even more when it comes to human interaction.  God is teaching me so much!  In some ways, growing in relationship to Jesus is so very hard, for it leaves you feeling raw and exposed and humbled, but what encompasses all that is that the testing of one's faith produces endurance (James 1:2).  I know that endurance is needed for life and Godliness on this crazy planet, and I'm glad that He is willing to work in and through me. 


(The student body at my school)

Right now I'm planning on working in Texas this summer at a Bible school come summer camp between the end of May and middle of August, and frankly, it's a crazy plan, but God has crazy plans, and I'm okay with that.  :-)  In the fall, I intend to come home and work on music again and work, as long as my arms cooperate.  I am still struggling with tendonitis from piano last year.  I'm not sure what God's will is in all of that yet.  I know that I personally really want it all back, but I know my identity is not to be found in my music, or my friends, or where I live, or anything that is not Himself.  That's a real challenge to learn, because frankly, I like me, and my things, but the Lord is bigger than all of that.  My identity will be found in Him, and the things He chooses to bless my life with will be what He deems right.  I'm so glad He's sovereign!

(The water near my school)

So basically, that's my life in a nutshell right now, with all its own challenges and wonders and struggles and blessings!

In Christ,
Sheila

2 comments:

Anna Naomi said...

It was fun seeing the pictures and reading an update! It sounds like you're in a great place, and God is teaching you a lot.

So sorry you're struggling with tendonitus. :( I remember the hard times I had when I had tendonitus in my ankle that wouldn't seem to get better. I wondered if I would even be able to continue dancing. But, God is faithful, and He brought me through it. He has good plans for you - and it's an adventure to discover them!

Cowgirl_E said...

Well...I am a bit embarrassed because I'm just now reading this post...but anyway! Excellent post! I love hearing how you are doing and what all is going on with you.

I find it quite sad that you have already booked your tickets to Texas, because I think a stop in Omaha would've been an excellent idea. Gosh, Nebraska is basically right on the way between B.C. and Texas! I want to see you!

xoxoxo!
Erica