Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Gentle Life


(Daffodils at Capernwray)

Trying to blog a bit more while I'm home... 
I have so much little stuff going on that sometimes it's hard to stop and really realise how beautiful life is.  This short time at home is my most gentle time all summer!  All year, actually.  I'm really enjoying the time to just go for tea with my Mum and go shopping at the thrift store.  It's a good time. 
I know there must be some people reading, so I ask you all:  What's new?  What is God doing in your life?  What is sparking your imagination?

I miss my Capernwray friends!  It's also amazing to think I'll miss the next ones just as much.  The LORD never lets us down.  Even when it seems ridiculous and terrible things come up, He is always there.  He shows me the perfect flowers, and the beauty in a cold, cold day.  He shows me the incredible wonder in a drop of dew.  And then I'm usually the one who ignores that wonder that is handed to me on a silver platter.  That's when I go and complain about how miserable I am.

Who am I to complain?


Ten-thousand hugs in tiny, sparkling bubbles,
In Christ,
Sheila

3 comments:

Meisie said...

For us God is doing good things and big things. This is turning into an amazing year! I've expected changes, but NOTHING like what is happening.
Hugs to you!!!

Dustin said...

Thanks for sharing Sheila. I'm missing Capernwray too, but it's okay, because God is in Ontario just as much as He is on Thetis Island! God reminded me yesterday to trust in Him ALONE. No one else. There is no reason to be lonely -- God is always right beside me. The creator of the universe walks with me everywhere I go! I can't put my trust in any people, places or things. I can only trust in Him. He is the only one who won't let me down! He is the only constant in my ever-changing life. I'm so thankful for that.

- Dustin

Sheila said...

Thank you so much Charne and Dustin. It is so wonderful, isn't it, to be reminded that I can trust in the LORD always. He is good!