Saturday, June 5, 2010

A quick update...

Hello friends!

Here I am in Texas, online for the first time since I got here 2 weeks ago!  If I had pictures for you, I'd post them, but I don't.  However, you can imagine a really beautiful, green, lush, very hot, humid, bug-ridden place with a stupendously pretty river (the Guadalupe), and a whole host of interesting people.  :-)  God is good.  Fortunately, He doesn't make it an easy ride, because that's how I actually learn things and grow in my faith.

Yesterday we went on 5-ish mile canoe and kayak trip down the river, followed by burgers and a lovely picnic-y atmosphere.  It was a physically challenging trip, but it was a lot of fun, too.  I've been trained on the tower, which has a climbing wall, two ziplines (20 and 30 ft), two rappelling walls (20 and 40 ft), the leap of faith (you're hooked in and have to climb up a 30 foot pole and jump and catch a trapeze.  Yeah.), and the screamer (a really really giant swing thing.  It's awesome!),  So, I'm trained to belay and send people off all of those, and I'm also trained on the low elements courses, and got my lifeguard certificate for the USA, which is kind of fun (I challenged the course, since I'm a lifeguard in Canada), and I'm also trained on the canoeing activity.   It's exciting.  And kind of scary.

As of today, my Mum is flying to Honduras for 3 weeks, so you can be praying for her.  It's a mission trip, and she's kind of nervous too.  We could both use a lot of prayer, I believe.  :-)

Yeah, the LORD is stretching me in this particular moment.  But it's good.

Hugs and bubbles,
In Christ,
Sheila

3 comments:

Maria said...

Love you sweetie!!! :D

But you will have to tell me about this US lifeguarding certificate... is it from the Red Cross? :D

-Maria

Lisa said...

Hi Sheila!
I got your email and came here. It's great to hear how things are going with you. Thanks for remembering me. I will be keeping you in my prayers.

Love Lisa

Sheila said...

Yes, Maria, I have my US Red Cross lifeguarding cert! Woohoo!