Thursday, November 18, 2010

Bellies and Babies... so perfect.


Birth.  It is why I'm doing what I'm doing, and the more I think about it, the more astounded I am at the beauty of how God brings babies into this world.  Beautiful, natural, perfect... like sparkles in bubbles.  I realize that this is an ideal image of birth, and that for many women it hurts a lot, and there are certainly moments in labour that seem anything from sparkly, but these moments, to me, do not demonstrate anything bad, but only a strength and power and majesty that is unequaled anywhere else!

Most people aren't quite as enamoured with birth as I am, but hear me out.  :-)  I plan to love it for my entire life, and I'm pouring all my time and everything into this process, so I'm pretty excited!  Oh, the opportunities that the Lord will provide through this marvelous venue!  To provide a safe and beautiful birth for every mother is my dream.

How possible is this?  It isn't, in a fallen world, but look.  There are babies.  That is enough.  See their glowing eyes, and their little fingers, and tell me, is that not miracle enough?  In the midst of that gurgling child is a perfect picture of what God wanted for us.  His plan is perfect.

In a few months time, I'll be a certified doula.  God willing, in 5 1/2 years, I'll be a midwife!  Oh, the things that God has done and will do!

Bellies... and babies.

Hugs,
Sheila

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I used two midwives for my second pregnancy. Unfortunately, they did not do home deliveries. I had an unplanned and unassisted home delivery. My entire labor was only 2 1/2 hours from start to finish! It was the absolute best and most precious moment of my life. After this, there is nothing I cannot accomplish. I would love to have another home birth but to have a midwife by my side in the rare incident that something did go wrong. I have always belived in my body's ability to birth babies and have been amazed at the entire process since my Mother told me about the birds and the bees.
Tammy tkhammontree@yahoo.com
Great website!