Monday, January 24, 2011

A Rose, One Day...


I don't want romantic love right now.  I'm not even sort of looking for it.  And that's just as well, because it's not coming my way right now, but you know those little 'heart-jump' moments?  Those moments when you bump into some stranger's wedding photos on facebook, and your heart just melts for a moment?  Their day seems so normal, so beautiful, so simple.  Or when you hear someone say "I love you girl", and you dream of the time someone else says it to you with such passion?

Those are the moments that I long to be held, to be cherished, to be led.  For a brief moment, my mind starts calling people and asking them to fly in to be my bridesmaids.  For a second, I see an array of white dresses in a mirror.  Just a glimpse of what might be... one day.

Yet I know I'm held.  I know I'm cherished.  I know I'm led.  By an infinite God, a Saviour who is my bridegroom as I am part of the bride of Christ.

He is good.

No comments: