Thursday, March 3, 2011

Christ is Sufficient

I've been thinking on this the past few days.  On Tuesday, someone reminded me that I am God's girl.  For me in that moment, that said "God is enfolding me in His care, and He is enough."  In the minutes that followed, I had a beautiful revelation.  This past summer, in Texas, when it was hot, and I was tired, I often took my pen and wrote on my arm to remind me of this truth of the sufficiency found in Christ.  When I am not enough, He sustains me.  When I cannot proceed, He enables me.

Let's take a peek...


 Okay, here's me, suiting someone up for the leap of faith.  Note the sunburnt arms.  :-P  Now let's flip the picture and zoom in on my arm.


Look carefully.  Do you see it?  Christ is sufficient.  Jesus is enough.  The Lord will sustain me.

Colossians 2:10  "And in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority."

Is that not comforting?  Christ is sufficient, dear friends!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Thank you. Beautiful. Just when I think I'm believing this all the time, my lack of faith shows through at some point in my day :-( Although this is discouraging, I press on, forgetting what is past... and then you come along and remind me, again, that He really IS sufficient. Lord I believe - help my unbelief. Thank you Jesus!

SoCalPam said...

I love your little crib notes on your arm :o) It's a wonderful conversation-starter for folks, isn't it?

Sheila said...

The ones on my hand? Yeah, they were for memorizing American lifeguarding stuff so I could work on it throughout the day. :-)

And yes! Great opportunities.