Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Dream for Today

So I recently had a dream.  And it was funny, and beautiful, and I don't get it, but I like it, so I'm going to share what I can remember, before I forget it!

I remember being somewhere where it was really hot.  Traveling on a bicycle, down a road, visiting someone.  I liked being with that person, but I don't remember who it was.  I think they might have been old, but I'm not sure.  It was rustic, I was outdoors, there wasn't much civilization.  It felt like summer, but it must have been the end of summer, because I remember there being dry leaves on the ground.

Coming back from wherever I was, I was with someone.  A little girl, maybe 12.  I remember thinking I could probably ride alongside her and not go too fast.  We were so hot, but it was a beautiful, comfortable hot!  She spoke of how lovely it would be when we got back to Comfort (Texas!  Oh!) to feel a cool breeze.  I remember saying that "You know, it might not be that much cooler there."  We agreed.  We entered some sort of forest, mostly deciduous, with beautiful light, and the road or path we were on was getting muddier, but it didn't seem to matter.  I was wearing a striped pink shirt, I remember looking at it to see if it mattered if it got muddy.

Then we entered 'Comfort', through a big, square, wooden arch.  It was more open there, but there was forest around the area.  It felt like Africa or something.  The heat was still oppressive, but I barely noticed.  There were people around, children.  I noticed several of them playing in the mud. and I just remember suddenly throwing myself in and at the mud, and it feeling so good.  I was smiling, and laughing.

Then I remember looking up and seeing... someone.  I have no idea who.  I remember being very pleased to see them, and knowing that my muddy state was not a problem, and if anything, beautiful to them.  I was filled with joy.

And that is all I remember.

Is it just me who sees that as somehow beautiful?

In Him,
Sheila

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It isn't just you, Sheila. It's a beautiful dream. Thanks for sharing!