Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Gratituesday: Thank You, Jesus.


So I was just reading this morning over at Heavenly Homemakers, and I realized that I should join in and have my own little 'Gratituesday' right here.  What better way to start off the second day of a challenging week but to praise the Lord for the blessings He has poured out upon my life.

This is really good.  I started out today sort of dreading the next 6 weeks, and here I am trying to choose between the different beauties He has gifted me with.

1.) My family.  We are human.  We are not perfect.  But my family here in this house loves Jesus.  And each time I hear them pray and find them soaking up the Word of God, I realize how good I've got it.

Thank You, Lord.

2.) The rain.  I've been struggling with this one.  I'm ready for sunshine, and yet I know that the rain is a blessing too.  Tiny droplets of water hanging off evergreen branches... need I say more?

Thank You, Jesus.

3.) The opportunity to learn.  Again, a current challenge, and still I know it is a blessing to come away with knowledge of the world the Lord has put me in.

Thank You, God.

4.) The Word of God.  I'm reading it now, and I am so, so overwhelmed with God's greatness.  Thank you for your Word, Father!

Thank You, Sovereign Maker.

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, ... Thank You, Abba, Father!

Sheila


Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

"Give thanks to the LORD...I will give thanks to the LORD...we give thanks for your Name is near...Give thanks to the LORD for he is good...Thanks be to God! He gives us the victory...Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift...give thanks in all circumstances..."

Yes, when the rain persists, and my piles are high with things to do (many of which I don't FEEL like doing), etc., it is GOOD to be reminded to give thanks! Grateful for the reminder, and entering the rest of this day with a thankful, blessed heart. Thank you Sheila. Thank you Jesus!

Meghan said...

Great post! Came across your blog via Connecting Christian Bloggers and have greatly enjoyed, and have been blessed, scrolling through your past posts. :) I look forward to more of your writing!

Visit my personal blog over at:
www.justasiam-meghan.blogspot.com