Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Full Heart


Sometimes even being awake long after you should be seems a blessing.  Why?  Because my heart is so full, I think it would explode if I had to sleep right now.  I lay in bed, wondering at life, at the Lord's work, at all that is happening, and all I could do was be thankful.  Thank you, Jesus.

A baby was born last Friday, and I was the doula.  It was a marvelous, beautiful blessing.  On Thursday I finished my exams.  (Yes, that means now I can finish my natural birth series!)  Now each day seems brighter than the last.  Oh yes, there are struggles, even now, but my mind is stayed on Christ.

Oh, perhaps there are big, beautiful, bright things that help that (romance is so lovely!), but it's only beautiful and bright because of how God has worked and is working it.  I don't really have a lot to say (or that I can say), so I suppose I'm here and writing this because I want to share with you my gratefulness and joy. 

I'm beyond tired.  My head hurts.  My nose is stuffy.  My toes are cold (well... that's pretty much always the case unless I'm in Texas).  I have a billion things that need doing.  But I'm ridiculously joyful.  Bouncing inside.  Floating!

And I love Jesus.
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.  -Philippians 4:6-8
Thanks for reading.  :-)  Join me again soon.
In Christ,
Sheila

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Beautiful, as ususal :-) Thank you for putting down "on paper" your joy, to be shared. Yes, whatever is true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, of good repute, excellent and worthy of praise... I was dwelling in Ephesians and Philippians last night, and the Word surely is all these things, and more. Jesus is Lord! Praise His Name!

Elina Russell said...

I just enjoyed lying in bed while reading all of your 2011. :)
Beautiful! I'm looking forward to the continuation of the natural birth series...
I think I'd also like to hear a little more of your recent sky-rocketing, land on the clouds stuff.
I'm not talking about the purple green things. Just look at your compass and share a little of your thoughts and maybe even direction regarding the South, West, East and North.

Sheila said...

Oh Elina... I love you so much. :-) We miss you! Hurry home!

Meghan said...

:) This post was beautiful...made me think of all the things I have to be grateful for as well.