Thursday, September 1, 2011

Rest

Hey ya'll.

That's how laid back I feel right now.  Kinda like Texas, where the sun is hot, and the sweat trickling down your back just sort of saps all the 'go-get-er' out of you.  Sometimes it's good to feel like that, to relax, to pray, to think, to dream. 

That's where I am.  Running through fields and just dreaming a bit.  Mind you, it's anything but hot here.  Our unusually short and cool summer has officially ended, and it's feeling a lot like autumn out there, but somehow that's good too.  Life goes on.

So I decided not to finish the course.  Rather, God decided and showed me in His own time.  Sometimes, it seems, He just gives us space to recover, to live life, to rest, to dream, to feel the invisible sweat trickle down your back, if you know what I mean.  It's not that I'm not willing to work hard, I am, and I'm not just sitting around on my butt, it's just that alongside all the housework (which I happen to mostly enjoy), I can bake cookies and drink tea, read books, and think, and plan. 

To a point, anyway.  The planning, that is.  If I plan too much I know that I'm overstepping my bounds.  I know the Lord has given me a brain to use, so I'm using it, but I know that if I try to have everything for the next year all figured out, He's going to change my plan anyway.  He's teaching me to use this resource of time and energy carefully.  Not lazily, just carefully.

So that's what I'm learning.  To rest.


"Come to me all you who are wear and heavy burdened, and I will give you rest."  -Matthew 11:28

I love Him.

Sheila

No comments: