Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Satisfaction in Christ?

Satisfied in Christ.  Am I?  Should I be?  Oh, the questions that plague my mind and heart sometimes.

There has been a lot going on in there, and I haven't been certain how to process it all, so I bring it to you, dear reader, and ask that you think on some of it with me.  I recognize my inadequacy beside Christ, and the fact that my knowledge of Him and relationship with Him is nowhere near the place that it 'should' be, and yet I know that until eternity, I cannot ever truly be 'satisfied in Christ' in the way we shall be.  Perhaps even, if I find myself completely satisfied in Christ at this moment, I am stagnating, drifting from the place of constant growth that the Word seems to call me to be.


I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Phil 3:14

We are not to stagnate.  And yet should I be dissatisfied in Christ?  Is that somehow right?  No, I believe not, for if I am to be constantly agitated, yearning for something beyond or outside of Christ, that too, is unholy.  

Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.” John 6:35 

Aha, so it is not hungering for something outside of Christ, that is, being content to be in Christ, yet yearning, thirsting even, for more of Christ, to become a more submitted servant, and a more dedicated child.

Perhaps that's where I am trying to rest as I speak of satisfaction in Christ.  It is satisfaction not only in who He is, (I AM), but being satisfied being inside His will.  For, in fact, every moment we live as Christians is within His will.  But that is another big topic.  :-)

God is sovereign!  I can be satisfied only by Him, and as I long and yearn for Him, I become satisfied by His drink, and learn to thirst yet more fore further knowledge of His being.  

Striving towards eternity,
Sheila
 

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Beautiful! Excellent! I can only respond with the last paragraph of the article you gave me to read by Charlie McCall:

"...the Christian is the most blessed person on earth simply because he is in relationship with God who creaded this universe. If you have put your faith in Christ alone for salvation, Christ is in you! You have Him. He is your life. Life is not being used by Christ. Life is Christ. Rejoice...in the bounty of having been given God Himself! How could you have received anything more? You need nothing else."