Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I Have a Nose

I can't seem to help that I have a nose.  Weird, isn't it?  I mean, seriously, I have a nose, and there's nothing I can do about it!  I suppose I could cut it off, but there would still be that odd fact that I'm supposed to have a nose.  A nose!  Think of it!  Really, it's quite an ugly little thing, all knobby, this little protuberance sticking out from my face with two gaping holes right in the front of it.  Tickly little hairs grow inside it, and dribbly stuff trickles out of it when I cry.

What is that all about? 

Well, I guess I'm just pondering the inevitability of life, of existence, and of God's placing me here on this earth, in this time, for His purpose.  I had no say in the matter of my birth.  I couldn't have made it one day earlier or later if I'd wanted to.  I couldn't have chosen not to be born.   I just exist because God chose to put me here.  Kind of like my nose.

Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand. Proverbs 19: 21

Yet I'm thankful I exist, and when I rest in God's purposefulness in everything He does, I can see that there is purpose in my life, that God did have a reason when He made me.  No matter how useless I feel, if I am seeking the Lord, He can truly use me as His instrument.

But for this very purpose have I let you live, that I might show you My power, and that My name may be declared throughout all the earth. Exodus 9: 16
He let me (and my nose!) live so He might show us His power.  Wow.

Sheila

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Weird, but I think this is my favourite post ever - anywhere! Haha, I guess you got your nose from us (we both have one too!) Crazy! I love it when you combine nutty with profundity. Do you have ears? ;-)