Thursday, February 23, 2012

Dreaming Beautiful Dreams

I wish I could nail down who I am, what I am, where I am to go, what I am to do.  I know my purpose is in Christ, but sometimes I feel that there is no way to define me.  My thoughts are way too scattered, my heart is way too dreamy, and my steps too often end up being uninteresting and real.  One day I'd like to be the dream-maker that I so deeply feel I am.  I'd love to be the joy-maker that my heart cries out to be.  I'd love to be the gospel-spreader that my spirit yearns to embody.

Each night that I dream a beautiful dream, I can't help but let it influence my day.  I think about those events, almost wishing them to be true, and think on my need for perfection, spiritually, in order to accomplish the beauty that my mind creates while I sleep.  One day, I know that will be.  Perhaps it is only then, when all is made new, when we live physically in the new creation which will be for those who believe on the Lord now.

I am a pilgrim.  Yes.  I know.  I know there will be valleys of shadows of death, and beautiful, dreamy, sunny places, but I also know there is a coming kingdom!  I know there is an existence awaiting that is full of the praises of God!  That is the existence that allows me to be the princess twirling barefoot in a field that every little girl dreams of.  Because I am Jesus' little princess, cliche as that is.

One day.  :-)

Sheila

3 comments:

Sarah B said...

To true :) You're in my heart and mind!
Love Sarah

Anonymous said...

My dear Sheila,

Wonderful, I love the way you are. Don't ever change...

Your Papa

Godsgirlz1 said...

I love that picture.

Would you like to check out my blog?

godsgirlz1.wordpress.com

♥Godsgirlz1♥