Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Workforce

It's a crazy world out there.  I suppose in some ways, that is why I haven't been writing here very much, yet I know there are still little readers strolling through my pages, and I figured an update and encouragement would be apropos.

So I have been working a lot.  By working, I mean, going to work, spending the entire day at work, working hard, coming home tired, going to bed, getting up early, and going to work again.  Essentially, anyway, perhaps with some wonderful family time or reading of the Word, and a little reading thrown in for good measure.  Sometimes I think I can't go on.  Sometimes I wish I could go on more.  Yet day in, day out, the Lord is my stronghold, my courage, my place of shelter.

So often I must repeat under my breath "The joy of the Lord is my strength!"  So often I must remind myself that "When I am weak, then I (because of HIM!) am strong!"  And I sing, I sing not to pass the time, but to keep my heart in check, to remind myself of the unfailing greatness of my Lord.

Over Spring Break I've been working two jobs, and that has been the hardest, with the varying schedules and different coworkers, but even in this I have been blessed.  Already I have learned so many lessons, and seen so many things.  Working full time is very different from working part time!  Yet even in that difference, I sing:

"Be strong in the Lord, and be of good courage;
your mighty Defender is always the same....

Be strong, be strong, be strong in the Lord,
and rejoice for the victory is yours. 

(hymn of unknown origin) 

And I shout loudly in my heart:

"Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.” -Deuteronomy 31:6

Praise God!  With that, I must go to sleep, it is already much too late, and... I must go to work in the morning.  :-)

Sheila

2 comments:

Kaleigh S. said...

So true, Sheila! Great post. I have been learning the same things recently. He is always there for us--what an amazing promise. :)

Sarah B. said...

Good post Sheila! I'm certainly one of those 'little readers strolling through your pages' :) It's so encouraging to remember that God is our strength and everything else!
Love,
Sarah B