Sunday, April 7, 2013

Here I am!

I'm at the beginning of the end of the beginning.  Life is beginning to feel grandly small, insignificantly large, and terribly wonderful.

I wonder, sometimes, at these inconsistencies, and how I am to show my praise to God through them all.  How many times have I wondered how to continue, why my life has been so fragmented, why I have so little to show for all that the Lord has brought me through, and yet there's that age old phrase that He won't let me let go of:

"You're right where you're supposed to be."

Outside the blossoms are blooming and the sun is shining, and even in the places where the rain is falling and the skies are darkening, God is at work.  He has not forgotten us.  He has not let us go.  He is the God of time, who can stretch or shorten each individual's time as He sees fit--just this week I was reminded of that by two separate people, and in the midst of literally not having enough time, He stretched, lengthened my time to an amount that I cannot understand.  To serve a sovereign God is just mind boggling.

And so in the midst of that awe-inspiring beauty and glory and power, I must respond with these words that have been ringing through my head since hearing other's sing it at the nursing home where I serve every Saturday morning:

I, the Lord of sea and sky,
I have heard My people cry.
All who dwell in dark and sin,
My hand will save.

I who made the stars of night,
I will make their darkness bright.
Who will bear My light to them?
Whom shall I send?

Here I am Lord, Is it I Lord?
I have heard You calling in the night.
I will go Lord, if You lead me.
I will hold Your people in my heart.

I, the Lord of snow and rain,
I have born my peoples pain.
I have wept for love of them, They turn away.
I will break their hearts of stone,
Give them hearts for love alone.
I will speak My word to them,
Whom shall I send?

Here I am Lord, Is it I Lord?
I have heard You calling in the night.
I will go Lord, if You lead me.
I will hold Your people in my heart.

I, the Lord of wind and flame,
I will tend the poor and lame.
I will set a feast for them,
My hand will save
Finest bread I will provide,
Till their hearts be satisfied.
I will give My life to them,
Whom shall I send?

Here I am Lord, Is it I Lord?
I have heard You calling in the night.
I will go Lord, if You lead me.
I will hold Your people in my heart.


And I know that I, too, am in the palm of His hand, feasting on His peace, and rest, and joy in the midst of a crazy world.

Sheila

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Wow, again! Thank you for sharing, for testifying of His greatness, goodness and love, and that you hear Him and heed Him. Love you sweets, praying for you with each breath. Hugs,
MW &Papi

Sarah B. said...

Me, again ;) What a wonderful friend you are, what a great posts, that poem and all was peace bringing (...if that makes sense) ;)